Providing the workforce of the future
This multi-million pound state of the art teaching facility opened its doors in 2011 to meet the needs of the aerospace industry based at Prestwick, supporting further growth and development in the aerospace sector.
Located in Ayr, less than 3 miles from the Prestwick Aerospace campus, the centre provides an excellent source of highly qualified employees and relevant apprenticeship training to the local aerospace industry.
The 12,000 square feet facilities include:
- A 20 seat CATIA computer aided design IT suite
- An accredited composite materials laboratory
- Full hand skills workshop
- Sheet metal
- Aircraft repair & maintenance
- Aircraft manufacture
- Engine systems
- Fixed base cockpit simulator (Boeing 737)
- Wind tunnel
- A Bulldog light aircraft
- There are currently over 100 aerospace modern apprentices studying at the centre, with 25 new apprentices per annum
Ayrshire College was awarded the 2017 UK Training Partner of the Year award for its work with the aerospace industry.
The Aeronautical Engineering Centre is a CAA Part 66 examination centre.
It is the first composite laboratory in Scotland to be approved by the National Skills Academy.
The centre provides a range of courses, tailored specifically for the aerospace industry, that can help ensure your workforce have the skills required for business success.
The Ayrshire College has close partnerships with the aerospace industry and chairs the Aerospace Skills Forum.